1.05.2011

The Beggining...

This blog begins in 2011. It’s early January, so Happy New Year to you all!

I just came home from a journey to New York City. It has been a great adventure indeed. I spent three months there. I attended a food writing seminar at the International Culinary Center in Soho, so I guess this food blog is the first product of my creative writing kitchen. I don’t know if I’m good at cooking and I’ll discover that with you in the course of this blog, but one thing I know: I love writing, I love English, so I will write in English. I am an Italian mother tongue. I took my degree in English Language and Literature (and German) some years ago, so I should be able to do it. Anyway, please forgive me if sometime my English will not be perfectly correct. If you feel like being my “editor” and report my mistakes, I will always be grateful.

I also love photography, especially black and white as in the style of the great street photographers like Henry Cartier Bresson, André Kertész, Carlo Bevilacqua, Robert Capa, Margaret Bourke White, Aaron Siskind, Tina Modotti, Ferdinando Sciacca, and many others. I also attended a class of street photography at the International Center of Photography near Bryant Park while I was in New York. I will add some pictures to my posts. I believe in the power of storytelling though images.

Some of my first pages are taken from my food writing class assignments. I think my New York adventure has changed me and given me the impulse to open myself to the world. It has been my “going to the other side” vehicle. Before leaving for New York I watched the movie “Eat. Pray. Love” taken by the book written by Elisabeth Gilbert and I was inspired. Like the main character of the movie, interpreted by Julia Roberts, travelling, eating, discovering new places and meeting new people has been a sort of inner rebirth. “Cook.Eat.Write” is now my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment