4.23.2011

Happy Easter! Nutella semifreddo

I think I am on Nutella overdose...I've just eaten and licked the plate of the Nutella semifreddo I photographed. My teeth hurt, but  I'm at peace with the world ...this is pure ecstasy I tell you! Ester is all about chocolate here in Italy (and Colomba as well, the traditional Easter cake): everybody exchange wishes with chocolate eggs. You can find eggs of all sizes and colors, and look what happened...I received a little pink sugar egg and a pink chick came out twitting Happy Easter!!! (yes, I am really doped....). I have to say one serious thing, anyway, I am very sorry that Pietro Ferrero, Ceo of the homonymous group, father of Nutella and many other deliciousness (Ferrero Rocher, Tic-Tac and Kinder brands), died unexpectedly last week in a biking accident in South Africa. Ferrero is one of those firms, whose contribution to the made in Italy around the world has been exceptional. Goodbye and thank you Mr Ferrero.  Maybe  you are revealing the secret recipe of the most famous nutty chocolate cream up there... Can paradise be even a happier place? With Nutella, yes, I think so. Here the recipe of the Nutella semifreddo, my Easter lunch dessert. So easy, so good!!!!
Nutella semifreddo 

(the recipe is taken from my class cookbook, www.peccatidigola.info, makes 10 servings)

500 g cream
750 g Nutella 

Whip cream to 70%. Soften Nutella in a bain-marie and add it to the cream, creating a variegated compound. Keep in the freezer for at least three hours before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment